Effective Date: October 6th, 2016
Your Privacy Rights
Scope and Consent
Content Ownership, Collection and Use
You always retain whatever ownership rights you may have in any content, data, or other such materials you upload or otherwise actively provide to us through the sites (the “user content”); provided, however, that you grant us (and our employees, agents, successors and assigns) a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, fully-paid license to use such user content in any manner reasonably necessary for us to operate and provide services in connection with the sites. We will not sell, share, or rent this user content to others in ways different from those disclosed in this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of 4Cast Services, and to help us personalize and improve your experience.
Information you provide to us: We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use 4Cast Services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding 4Cast Services.
When you use 4Cast Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you open a 4Cast account or use 4Cast Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your 4Cast account or give us when you use 4Cast Services.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth.
We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, your interactions with members of the 4Cast corporate family or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole). Additionally, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, 4Cast may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with 4Cast, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
Information from other sources: We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
Authentication and Fraud Detection: In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about you and your interactions with 4Cast Services. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide 4Cast Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- improve the 4Cast Services by customizing your user experience;
- measure the performance of the 4Cast Services and improve their content and layout;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement;
- perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We may contact you via electronic means or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Additionally, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts and promotions, and inform you about 4Cast Services and the services of our corporate family. Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages as described in our User Agreement. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize 4Cast Services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference by following the directions that may be provided within the communication or advertisement.
We respect your communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive notifications via our application, you can adjust your preferences by contacting us.
When you access our website or use 4Cast Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, e-tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize 4Cast Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and 4Cast Services.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our website and 4Cast Services.
Do Not Track: Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. We do not currently respond to DNT signals. We do, however, provide you notice of the tracking by advertisers and other third parties in our Privacy and Cookies policies.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in North America and elsewhere in the word where are our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
How We Share Personal Information with Other 4Cast Users
When transacting with others, we may provide those parties with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your first name, initial of last name, job title or other information needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of the unsuccessful transaction. 4Cast will not provide refunds, exchanges or credits of any kind. The receiving party is not allowed to use this information for unrelated purposes, such as to directly market to you, unless you have agreed to it. Contacting users with unwanted or threatening messages is against our policies and constitutes a violation of our User Agreement.
We work with third parties, including merchants, to enable them to accept payments from you in using 4Cast.
Please note that merchants, sellers, and users you interact with have their own privacy policies, and although 4Cast’s user agreement does not allow the other transacting party to use this information for anything other than providing 4Cast Services, 4Cast is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you using 4Cast, or with the third parties that offer or use 4Cast Services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal process.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information we collect from you, including your name, contact details, and transactions and activities, with:
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having 4Cast close your 4Cast Account due to your breach of the 4Cast User Agreement).
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to 4Cast or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other unaffiliated third parties, for the following purposes:
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management: to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk. As part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we also may share necessary account information with credit card companies.
- Customer Service: for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional).
- Legal Compliance: to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers: to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
If you open a 4Cast account directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a 4Cast website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with personal information. 4Cast is not responsible for the content or information practices of such third parties.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
Under California law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties, To request the above information, contact us at the email and address shown below.
Notice to European Union users
4Cast’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use 4Cast’s Web site(s) and service(s).4Cast does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Address: 5120 Perry St, Denver, CO 80212
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Technology.”